[ government of the republic of armenia ]
In the Republic of Armenia, executive authority is exercised by the Government, the powers of which are laid down in the Republic of Armenia Constitution and laws. The structure and procedures of the activities the Government are defined by a decree of the RoA President upon presentation by the Prime Minister.
Ministers of the Republic of Armenia shall act as heads of their respective ministries and manage the agencies and inspectorates under them. With all members appointed, the government of the Republic of Armenia is considered formed from April 21, 2008, the leaderís press office reported. According to the RA Constitution, the government will submit its program to the National Assembly within 40 days.
- Harutyun Kushkyan - Minister Healthcare
- Nerses Yeritzyan - Minister of Economy
- Gevorg Danielyan - Minister of Justice
- Edward Nalbandian - Minister of Foreign Affairs
- Aram Harutyunyan - Minister of Environmental Protection
- David Lokyan - Minister of Agriculture
- Armen Movsissyan - Minister of Energy and Natural Resources
- Levon Mkrtchyan - Minister of Education
- Hasmik Poghosyan - Minister of Culture
- Armen Grigoryan - Minister of Youth Affairs and Sports
- Seyran Ohanyan - Minister of Defense
- Aghvan Vardanyan - Minister of Labor and Social Affairs
- Gurgen Sargsyan - Minister of Transport and Communication
- Vardan Vardanyan - Minister of Urban Development
- Tigran Davtyan - Minister of Finance
- Armen Gevorgyan - Minister of Territorial Administration
- Mher Shahgeldyan - Minister of Emergency Situations
The Ministry of Emergency Situations was formed.
The Agency for Relations with Diaspora was reorganized into the State Committee for Relations with Diaspora at the RA Foreign Ministry.
Former Minister of Territorial Administration Hovik Abharamyan was appointed head of the presidential administration. Armen Gevorgyan was appointed Minister of Territorial Administration and Deputy Prime Ministry.